Parkdale Community Information Centre is a non-profit charitable community service centre. We are committed to meeting the diverse and changing needs of the Parkdale community through the delivery of accessible, effective programs and services.
The Centre helps people living in Parkdale to access community and government resources and services; enabling them to live more independently; and encourages them to participate more fully in community life.
The Centre particularly targets low-income, vulnerable, disadvantaged, and marginalized populations in Parkdale including newcomers, immigrants, refugees and people with disabilities.
Welcome to the new PCIC website.
PCIC is now open on Saturdays from 12-5.
Current events can be found on our calendar.
Our AGM will be held on June 1, 2010. Download a copy of the flyer here.
We offer the following services:
- information about community services and government programs
- help filling out forms
- writing letters and making phone calls to government offices
- group educational classes to prepare for a Canadian citizenship test
- workshops on community issues
- information for youth about local volunteer opportunities
- activities for youth developing their leadership skills
We also provide:
- free computers with internet access
- resource binders with listings of apartments for rent, volunteer opportunities and job postings
Get answers to your questions:
- Where can I find ESL classes?
- How do I apply for Toronto Housing?
- What do I need to know to get Canadian citizenship?
- Are there any child care centres near here?
- Where can I get free legal help?
- How can I get my 40 hours of student volunteer service completed?
- Why did my disability cheque go down this month?
- What does this letter from the pension office mean?